Sunday 18 October 2015

The wardrobe Blog 4: Rehearsal updates 2

Strengths and weaknesses:

One strength is that I have got more time with Chloe on scene 5 and that we got to try our costumes on for it which gave me an idea for how the character in scene 5 should walk and I think it works but maybe should downplay it to keep it natural. Also Karen finally got to see it and give us some constructive criticism which is well appreciated and it's made us realise we need a little more depth with in the piece itself such as to convey some very subtle yet effective emotions. Another is that I have been rehearsing more with Sam due to that he has been in more and we've been running through it more thankfully.

The weakness of this was that me and Chloe realised our characters motivations for the scene didn't really make much sense or were at least a bit far fetched so we sat down and came up with something a bit more believable and easier to portray in my opinion and I feel the back story we've come up with is good so while there was a down side in some initial time wasting it's made up for it with an even better story for us to do.


Creative ideas: Like I said I had an idea of how the character should walk. If I had to describe it I'd say it's a bit like Jack sparrow's from "Pirates of the Caribbean". It looks very similar to how I saw some certain stances from a play called "Double dealer" and it made me think that it did suit the time period and character but I decided to tone it down and make it a bit more subtle so that it stays with in the realms of naturalism. Another one was the back story I mentioned. We performed it and she said it was great but could do with adding some depth to it. She asked us who is "He" that is mentioned in the script and neither of us knew. I always assumed that meant whoever was hypothetically attacking him meaning anyone but that means it would've been written "They" instead of "Him" so we thought it would be wise to go into more detail. Even though the audience would not know this it will hopefully develop us enough so we can add some subtle yet effective expressions or actions to the scene. Me and Chloe thought about what we could do and we ended up changing some of our motivations and set up. We originally thought that she'd do this teaching self defence thing as an excuse just to be violent and get back at me for just being annoying but really i don't think that works to well. So Chloe came up with the idea that she is genuinely teaching me self defence so i can't protect my self from our eldest brother who has violent tendencies. I think this can add a sense of urgency to it as in I must learn before my brother strikes again and I hope it may bring out some form of care in Chloe's emotions but we'll see the next time we have to practice the scene.



Teamwork: Since Sam is in now and I don't think he's been practing his lines I have been prompting him in the scene. I know my lines so glancing at the script to see if he gets his right is appropriate I think. I think it is helping him, I'm trying to do what I can and he is even correcting me on some of my lines when I get the occasional mess up so we're both benefiting each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment